- You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain. We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right not to post inappropriate comments.
- The views expressed on the Mayor’s Blog are those of the Mayor of Maplewood and other parties posting comments. These views and posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the council or any other council member of the City of Maplewood. They are also not necessarily intended to reflect the view of city administration and staff.
- The Mayor’s Blog may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations and individuals’ blogs. The Mayor’s Blog provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience.
- When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Mayor’s Blog and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The City of Maplewood and Mayor’s Blog do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The City of Maplewood and Mayor’s Blog do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The City of Maplewood and Mayor’s Blog cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
- The City of Maplewood and Mayor’s Blog are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
How to write a comment
Take some time to read the Mayor’s comment about a particular subject and then write your comment clearly and succinctly.
• always comment on the subject topic
• use short sentences
• use good blogging manners – be courteous and respectful, avoid rudeness, profanity, racial comments or inappropriate offensive comments
• do not use confidential information in your comments.
This is moderated blog site and we will reject posts that do not adhere to our guidelines. We will not publish any issues that you may have with council process or staff.
The Mayor’s Blog is your opportunity to have a conversation directly with the Mayor. We welcome your comments, but remember this blog is moderated and we will only post comments which relate to the subject topic. All comments will be reviewed for posting as allowed by schedule. This site is administered by the Mayor and there are no taxpayer paid city staff assisting in this effort. Please be patient.
I appreciate and welcome blog comments as they are good for community debate. So please let us know what you think.
The rules around this blog and comments are as follows:
- I welcome all comments positive or negative in the first instance but keep it on topic;
- Each person can make no more than three negative comments in a row. The next comment must at least be constructive (not necessarily positive). This is to raise the quality of the discussion and stop trolling by those who only want to score personal or political points;
- Comments that are critical and constructive are welcome but if they are largely just personal attacks they probably won’t be posted. If they are critical of individuals who will are not on Council then they probably will definitely NOT go up or will be edited to remove these aspects.
- In order to ensure a civil and accountable discussion, each person must log onto the site with their real first and last name and be willing to have their name published in conjunction with their comments. Anonymous comments and personal attacks on commenters will not be published. The Mayor and City of Maplewood are not responsible for commentary made or actions taken outside of the blog based on published comments.
- I reserve the right to edit posts by others or request that they be edited by the author prior to posting on my blog in order to facilitate and articulate exchange of ideas.